I am super excited to accept the Liebster Award from Kim at Learn to Love Food. Her blog is fun and informative and an easy read so you should check her out! When I received the email notifying me of this award, I wasn’t sure what it meant. As I am just starting out, it’s really flattering to get such recognition from a fellow blogger. And it means people are actually reading my blog, so that’s nice! Anyway, here are the “award” rules:
Link the person you were nominated by.
Answer the questions from the blogger that nominated you.
Nominate 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers.
(Please note, I am so new to this thing, I really don’t know how to tell how many followers someone has. If you have a million followers and no time for such silliness, I totally understand – and apologize)
Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
Notify nominees social media/blogs.
Here are my answers to Kim’s questions:
1. What inspires you?
More than anything, my children inspire me. Seeing them smile or making them laugh is like nothing else in the world. But with my blog, I hope that one person will read it and decide to lead a healthier life. And I don’t just mean with food and exercise. Part of being healthy is valuing yourself – knowing that you deserve to be happy and feel loved.
2. What impact do you want to have on the world?
Oops, I think I answered that above. I want to show people that you can be healthy without being maniacal about it – hence the yoga AND doughnuts. We can be a very “all or nothing” kind of society. I hope I can show people that small changes can lead to big ones. That allowing yourself to fail every once in a while is OK so long as you pull yourself back up and keep going.
3. What do you love about blogging? Why do you do it? (2 questions, but kinda 1…)
I like sharing my experiences with others in the hopes of inspiring themselves to get out there and be active/healthy/happy. I LOVE when someone tells me that they went out and took a class because of my blog. Less so when I am told I inspired someone to eat doughnuts. But they are good so…
4. What is your favorite food?
Doughnuts, obviously. Honestly my favorite food is Frosted Flakes with whole milk but that wouldn’t be the best name for a blog.
5. What is one thing you love about yourself?
Probably my legs. But in all seriousness I think it is the fact that I am always ready to learn. I have no problem admitting I don’t know something or that I did something wrong and welcome any and all learning experiences.
6. What is one trait you admire in others?
Patience. I am working on it every day – part of why I am so diligent in my yoga practice.
7. What is your favorite way to relax?
Yoga, or getting a manicure.
8. What makes you happy?
More than anything, my children. But basically, family. I love having dinner with my husband or sharing some wine with my mom.
9. Where would you like to travel?
My favorite place to go is Rome. I would love to go to Brazil and see Christ the Redeemer. I am not religious at all but that statue is amazing.
10. What was the last book you read?
I’m embarrassed to say I honestly can’t remember. It was probably Tina Fey’s BossyPants? I don’t have the opportunity to sit down and read a book too often. I read her book when I was on vacation with my bestie in Hawaii. I read four books on that trip!
11. What is your favorite post that you have written to date and why? (Please include link so we can read it).
This one is hard. Of my Monday Meals (recipes) I like these Luau Turkey Tacos the most. But I think over all it would be THIS one as it is me at my most honest.
Emerging Adult Eats
The Dancing Runner
Asanas and an MBA
What to Have for Dinner Tonight
Crazy Mom Journal
Some Talk of You and Me
Hot off the Mat
Balike’s Yoga Journey
Views from the Podium
And my questions for them:
1. What made you want to start blogging?
2. What to do you love about blogging? Anything you hate?
3. What is your favorite thing about yourself?
4. What do most people not know about you?
5. What is the last book you read?
6. Where is your favorite vacation spot?
7. What is your favorite food?
8. If you could do anything (occupation) what would you do?
9. What was your most proud moment?
10. What did you learn from your biggest regret?
11. What is your favorite post that you have written to date and why?
(Please include link so we can read it).
Thanks so much for reading! Happy Tuesday!