Half Mooning was kind enough to nominate me for the Liebster Award – my second in my short blogging career. For those who don’t know – the Liebster Award is given to bloggers by other bloggers to recognize and encourage new blogs and their authors.
Once given the award, there are a few things one must do:
Acknowledge who nominated me (thank you Half Mooning)
Answer the eleven questions they’ve listed
Share eleven random facts about myself – this one is new to me
Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers and give them 11 questions to answer
Questions from Half Mooning:
1. What is your favorite yoga posture?
Standing bow-pulling pose is by far my favorite although I do love all of the Warrior postures
2. What is your favorite dessert?
Doughnuts – although I eat them for breakfast.
3. What is your favorite band?
This is hard – the Beastie Boys?
4. What’s a new passion for you?
My children (five and 1.5 years old) – do they count? Trying to find balance and joy in my life no matter what – that is something I have been focusing on lately.
5. What’s your ideal day off?
A day at the beach, probably on Montauk, with my kids running in the sand and my husband grilling some hamburgers. Cold beer in my hand and a nice tan on my legs.
6. Why did you start blogging?
Because I love yoga and doughnuts and wanted people to see that the balance is possible.
7. What do you care most about?
My children above anything.
8. What’s your favorite city?
New York – where I was born, raised, currently live and hope to die.
Second would be Rome.
9. Who inspires you?
Mother Theresa, Rosa Parks, the Occupy Wall Street protesters. Anyone who stands up for what they believe and won’t back down.
10. What’s your guilty pleasure?
I don’t know that I have one. I allow myself to indulge from time to time but can’t say I have a guilty pleasure. Does watching Hoarders count? My husband hates that show!
11. Mick or Keith?
Neither. How about Lindsay Buckingham?
Eleven random facts about myself:
1. I won a swim race in the fifth grade – smoked everyone. Next year I came in second – girl smoked me.
2. I am in Mensa but also have severe dyslexia.
3. I have been to Yugoslavia, which no longer exists, but I have never been to Chicago.
4. I always wanted an apartment with a balcony, until I had kids.
5. As often as I am called mean, I am actually quite sensitive.
6. I haven’t seen my father since I was three and if he walked past me, I wouldn’t know it.
7. I have diagnosed Obsessive Compulsive tendencies but not the disorder, which in my explaining it is obsessive in and of itself.
8. I HATE to run but have completed the New York City Marathon and hope to run again the year I turn 40.
9. I have taken French, Japanese and Italian lessons but have basically lost all knowledge of any of the languages.
10. Given the chance I would neither go to space or to the bottom of the ocean. Both ideas scare me to death.
11. I hate chicken skin and blue cheese.
My 11 nominees
1. My Journey to Wellness
2. Sweat and Repeat
3. The Baked Apple
4. Giesel Arnold Yoga
5. Brooklyn Art Depot Blog
6. Baby Crow Yoga
7. The Neighborhood
8. Hot Yoga in the CSRA
9. Sleeping in Savasana
10. On the Bright Side of Disaster
11. Nappy Sweaty and Broke
My 11 Questions
1. What made you want to start blogging?
2. If you could go anywhere on vacation, where would you go?
3. What is your favorite thing about yourself?
4. Who is your favorite band?
5. What is the last book you read?
6. What is your biggest, most irrational, pet peeve?
7. What is your favorite food?
8. If you could do anything (occupation) what would you do?
9. What was your most proud moment?
10. What did you learn from your biggest regret?
11. What is your favorite post that you have written to date and why?
(Please include link so we can read it).
And for those of you who are too young to understand the Electric Boogaloo reference, educate yo’self!